Ferrari to launch 2011 F1 car at end of month
London: Ferrari`s 2011 Formula One car will be unveiled at the end of January after passing a series of mandatory crash tests last month, the Italian team said.
The sport`s most successful team, who finished a distant third overall last year with Spaniard Fernando Alonso and Brazilian Felipe Massa, said on their website (www.ferrari.com) that their Maranello factory was fully back to work after the Christmas break.
"The new season beckons, with the launch of the new car planned for the final week of this month, while testing gets underway on February 1 at Cheste`s Ricardo Tormo circuit near Valencia," the team said.
Alonso and Massa will take part in a media event with Italian MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi, now with Ducati, in the Dolomites next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror