Goa polls: MGP announces four candidates
Panaji: Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP)
Monday announced the first list of four candidates for the next
month`s Goa Assembly polls.
MGP`s working president Narayan Sawant told reporters
that the parliamentary committee of the party had cleared the
candidatures of Ramakrishna Dhavalikar (Madkai), Deepak
Dhavalikar (Priol), Prakash Arjun Velip (Quepem) and Lavu
The party has stitched an alliance with the main
opposition BJP. Accordingly, MGP will be contesting 8 seats.
Sawant said the candidates for Dabolim, Nuvem, Benaulim
and Thivim constituencies were yet to be decided. "The
decision on these seats would be taken in a couple of days,"
Goa is going to the polls on March 3.
MGP was a part of the present Congress-led ruling
coalition, but it pulled out of the government on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days