Goa polls: MGP announces four candidates
Panaji: Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP)
Monday announced the first list of four candidates for the next
month`s Goa Assembly polls.
MGP`s working president Narayan Sawant told reporters
that the parliamentary committee of the party had cleared the
candidatures of Ramakrishna Dhavalikar (Madkai), Deepak
Dhavalikar (Priol), Prakash Arjun Velip (Quepem) and Lavu
The party has stitched an alliance with the main
opposition BJP. Accordingly, MGP will be contesting 8 seats.
Sawant said the candidates for Dabolim, Nuvem, Benaulim
and Thivim constituencies were yet to be decided. "The
decision on these seats would be taken in a couple of days,"
Goa is going to the polls on March 3.
MGP was a part of the present Congress-led ruling
coalition, but it pulled out of the government on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India