Goal-line technology trial blocked by FIFA
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that FIFA has blocked the club from using goal-line technology in the Emirates Cup this weekend.
Wenger believed that the Emirates Cup, a friendly tournament which will include the New York Red Bulls, Boca Juniors and Paris St Germain, provided an ideal platform to experiment.
“You need permission to use it and we didn’t get it. I think they do not want to start to have a different set of rules here and there and I understand that. The good news is they are open to it and it looks like in the next World Cup we will have it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“You want it so you have a better chance to make the right decisions. You know it could be a help for the referees. The more help they get, the more decisions they get right. I would like to use it for more than the goal-line, but it’s a first step,” he added.
FIFA has been reluctant to trial such a system despite increasing calls for its introduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!