Goal-line technology trial blocked by FIFA
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that FIFA has blocked the club from using goal-line technology in the Emirates Cup this weekend.
Wenger believed that the Emirates Cup, a friendly tournament which will include the New York Red Bulls, Boca Juniors and Paris St Germain, provided an ideal platform to experiment.
“You need permission to use it and we didn’t get it. I think they do not want to start to have a different set of rules here and there and I understand that. The good news is they are open to it and it looks like in the next World Cup we will have it,” a daily quoted Wenger, as saying.
“You want it so you have a better chance to make the right decisions. You know it could be a help for the referees. The more help they get, the more decisions they get right. I would like to use it for more than the goal-line, but it’s a first step,” he added.
FIFA has been reluctant to trial such a system despite increasing calls for its introduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III