Goa`s Christians focus of our attention, says BJP
Panaji: BJP leader Aarti Mehra on Wednesday said
the party has made conscious efforts to reach out to the
Christian community in Goa, where they comprise 23 per cent of
the total population.
The BJP Secretary in-charge of Goa desk said
Christians constitute a vibrant community and ever since she
has taken charge, she has been focusing on efforts to meet
"Ever since I took over as Secretary in-charge of Goa,
our main focus was to reach out to the 23 per cent vibrant
Christian community here.
"It was my endeavour to meet opinion-makers like
Catholic priests, teachers and prominent members of the
community during my visits in Goa," Mehra said.
The saffron outfit has directly or indirectly given
eight Assembly seats to Christian community members for the
March 3 elections, Mehra said. "These are the seats which are
winnable for the party."
Mehra maintained that the BJP`s strategy on ticket
distribution will pay off at the hustings.
BJP sprang a surprise when it allotted five tickets to
minority community members. The party is fighting the polls in
alliance with MGP, a regional outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad