With the end of the World Championship Softball meet here, the focus of the softball world is now on bringing the sport back on the Olympic agenda.
Darshan Kumar is a debutante and he is sharing the screen space with none other than Priyanka Chopra as her on-screen husband in his debut movie "Mary Kom". But he is confident to get noticed due to the importance of his character in the biopic.
Make-up artist Subhash Shinde, most popular for his work in `Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela`, says creating boxing scars with prosthetic make-up in Priyanka Chopra-starrer `Mary Kom` was challenging as it required a lot of time and detailing.
London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar, undergoing treatment for a neck injury, is desperate to avoid a race against time ahead of the World Championships and Asiad, stage where he would look to make amends for his shocking exit at Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Michael Phelps overcame the first hurdle to a potential return to Olympic competition in 2016 when he was named along with exciting teenagers Katie Ledecky and Missy Franklin on the U.S. team for the Pan Pacific Championships on Sunday.
Omung Kumar, who is making his directorial debut with a biopic on Indian woman boxer Mary Kom, says he did not consider it as a risky proposition, but as an inspiring story that needed to be told.
Indian weightlifters and doping have finally parted ways, feels a relieved women`s team coach Hansa Sharma, who was at the background as the country`s lifters bagged as many as 12 medals at the Commonwealth Games, thus burying the ghosts associated with the doping menace.
Indonesia is "99 percent" certain to be named the host of the 2019 Asian Games after Vietnam`s withdrawal, the influential Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) said Thursday.
Glasgow Commonwealth Games gold medallist Apurvi Chandela dreams of raising the bar by achieving glory at the Olympics but the young markswoman says her goal can be fulfilled only if more sponsors and specialised coaches come forward to help her.
The biopic of world champion MC Mary Kom, is going to release on 2nd October. The trailer for the movie release earlier this week. It created a buzz all over and has been highly appreciated by the stars and lead actor Priyanka Chopra`s fans.
`Mary Kom` co-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali is overwhelmed by the impact of the trailer of the film. He agrees that Priyanka Chopra, who plays M.C. Mary Kom onscreen, doesn`t resemble the Olympic bronze medallist boxer but says the actress has captured the star athlete`s "soul" for the role.
The upcoming biopic of five-time world champion and Olympic medalist MC Mary Kom has already started facing flak over its casting choice. Many bloggers and writers have stated that it was wrong of the director to ask Priyanka Chopra to play the role as she looks nothing like Mary Kom.
Australia`s powerhouse swimmers are expected to stamp their authority on the Commonwealth Games from the start on Thursday and help erase the misery of their 2012 London Olympics flop.
Priyanka Chopra has made sure that her upcoming sports based movie `Mary Kom` is not going to be ignored by the audience. The trailer for the movie was released on YouTube and it sure looks that it will fight all odds just like its main protagonist, the Olympic medallist boxing champion Mary Kom.
It’s in this spirit that the Glasgow City councilors have agreed to allow the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rainbow flag to be flown at City Chambers prior to the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint silver medallist Yohan Blake has been ruled out for the rest of the 2014 season after undergoing surgery on an injured hamstring, coach Glen Mills said on Tuesday.
Feng Tianwei insists Singapore can be confident of repeating their dominance of New Delhi in the table tennis at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
A Japanese is Australia`s best medal hope in the gymnastics for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who also holds the Sports portfolio, today reiterated his resolve to include Kabaddi in Olympic curriculum inviting cooperation from neighbouring nations for accelerating the move in this regard.
Rory McIlroy confirmed on Wednesday he will represent Ireland should he qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil where golf will return to the Games.
The celebrated Indian wrestling duo of Yogeshwar Dutt and Sushil Kumar sparkled on debut in new weight categories by winning a gold and silver medal respectively in the International Competition in Sassari city, Italy.
Jamaican sprinter Yohan Blake revealed on Friday that he would like to play for English county cricket team Yorkshire when he ends his athletics career.
City-based athlete, Sanjeevani Jadhav on Sunday set another national record in 3000 mts running event at the 15th All India-Junior championship in Chennai.
The International Olympics Committee (IOC) is reportedly considering on shifting to `plan B` with London hosting the 2016 Olympic Games as the progress in Brazil seems to be lacking for the event.
American sprinter Justin Gatlin, who won the 100-metre race at the Jamaican Invitational Saturday, said athletic fans in this Caribbean island are capable of arousing global passion for athletics.
Walter R Walsh, an FBI sharpshooter who was the world`s oldest living Olympian, has died. He was 106.
Swimming superstar Michael Phelps finished second to old foe Ryan Lochte on Thursday in the 100m butterfly in his first final since returning to the sport after 20 months out.
Months of toil and turmoil for `Mary Kom` have been "harder than the hardest for Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, who plays the title role in the biopic on Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom.
In a bid to pull Pakistan out of their recent slump, the Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has appointed Olympian Shahnaz Shaikh as the senior teams` coach.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has warned Pakistan that they face a possible expulsion from the Olympic roster unless they comply with rules banning government interference.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- US woman alleges molestation by cab driver in Delhi
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Aapke Sitare, July 31: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Gurdaspur attack: ISI trained terrorists at Thailand-Myanmar border for 10 days
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Yakub Memon's hanging 'legal murder'; will have consequences for India: Chhota Shakeel