Keeper Hart signs new five-year deal at Man City
Manchester: Manchester City`s England goalkeeper Joe Hart has signed a new five-year contract, the Premier League club said.
The 24-year-old established himself as the club`s number one last season, ousting Shay Given who has since moved to Aston Villa.
City did not provide financial details of the deal which keeps Hart at the world`s richest club until 2016 but local media have reported he will treble his wages.
"I`m absolutely delighted to have signed a new deal and it is a very exciting time to be a City player," Hart said on the club website.
"I can`t think of myself being anywhere other than City and it really feels like home. I feel very privileged to be staying here for another five years."
City, who were defeated 3-2 by Manchester United in Sunday`s Community Shield at Wembley, kick off their Premier League campaign next Monday at home to promoted Swansea City and are seeking a first league title since 1968.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30