Keeper Hart signs new five-year deal at Man City
Manchester: Manchester City`s England goalkeeper Joe Hart has signed a new five-year contract, the Premier League club said.
The 24-year-old established himself as the club`s number one last season, ousting Shay Given who has since moved to Aston Villa.
City did not provide financial details of the deal which keeps Hart at the world`s richest club until 2016 but local media have reported he will treble his wages.
"I`m absolutely delighted to have signed a new deal and it is a very exciting time to be a City player," Hart said on the club website.
"I can`t think of myself being anywhere other than City and it really feels like home. I feel very privileged to be staying here for another five years."
City, who were defeated 3-2 by Manchester United in Sunday`s Community Shield at Wembley, kick off their Premier League campaign next Monday at home to promoted Swansea City and are seeking a first league title since 1968.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!