Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini heralded Stevan Jovetic`s perseverance after the Montenegrin striker scored twice in the Premier League champions` 3-1 win at home to Liverpool.
Manchester City and Liverpool will renew their rivalry beneath the Etihad Stadium floodlights on Monday in the first major head-to-head encounter of the fledgling Premier League season.
Italy and former AC Milan controversial striker Mario Balotelli, provides Liverpool an added zeal in the attack, just what the Reds had been looking for after the departure of Luis Suarez. Balotelli is set to complete a £16m move to the Anfield club from the San Siro giants on Monday. The valuation of the deal has been a highlight of the summer transfer window, it`s a sheer bargain!
Newcastle United had still to score their first Premier League goal of the season after a 0-0 draw away to Aston Villa in Saturday`s early kick-off match.
Manchester City football team boss Manuel Pellegrini has said that Liverpool could not deal with the pressure in last year`s Premier League title race.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said Friday that Mario Balotelli could be the "perfect fit" for Liverpool but that the Reds would still miss star striker Luis Suarez.
Greece striker Georgios Samaras has joined West Bromwich Albion on a two-year deal, the English Premier League side announced Friday.
Liverpool`s regrets about missing out on a first English league title for 24 years last season will be stronger than ever on Monday when they visit champions Manchester City, who pipped them by two points.
Manchester City football team manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen for the defending champions to avoid a repeat of the disaster they experienced after they first won the Premier League.
After a positive start to the new season domestically, Arsenal head to Istanbul in optimistic mood ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League play-off first leg against Besiktas.
Manchester City and Liverpool, last season`s top two in the Premier League, were both made to sweat by determined opposition before opening their campaigns with hard-fought victories on Sunday.
Unheralded youngsters Tyler Blackett and Reece James were among the players hoping to feature for injury-ravaged Manchester United in their Premier League opener at home to Swansea City on Saturday.
City start their campaign with a trip to St James` Park having added a number of new faces to their ranks since last season`s Premier League and League Cup triumphs.
Brendan Rodgers insists Liverpool are still a force to be reckoned with despite the departure of star striker Luis Suarez.
Champions Manchester City will avoid the hangover that hampered their previous Premier League title defence, captain Vincent Kompany said on Friday on the eve of the new season.
Liverpool can take confidence from last season into the new campaign starting this weekend despite missing out on a first English championship for 24 years, manager Brendan Rodgers said on Friday.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy