Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini heralded Stevan Jovetic`s perseverance after the Montenegrin striker scored twice in the Premier League champions` 3-1 win at home to Liverpool.
Manchester City and Liverpool will renew their rivalry beneath the Etihad Stadium floodlights on Monday in the first major head-to-head encounter of the fledgling Premier League season.
Italy and former AC Milan controversial striker Mario Balotelli, provides Liverpool an added zeal in the attack, just what the Reds had been looking for after the departure of Luis Suarez. Balotelli is set to complete a £16m move to the Anfield club from the San Siro giants on Monday. The valuation of the deal has been a highlight of the summer transfer window, it`s a sheer bargain!
Newcastle United had still to score their first Premier League goal of the season after a 0-0 draw away to Aston Villa in Saturday`s early kick-off match.
Manchester City football team boss Manuel Pellegrini has said that Liverpool could not deal with the pressure in last year`s Premier League title race.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said Friday that Mario Balotelli could be the "perfect fit" for Liverpool but that the Reds would still miss star striker Luis Suarez.
Greece striker Georgios Samaras has joined West Bromwich Albion on a two-year deal, the English Premier League side announced Friday.
Liverpool`s regrets about missing out on a first English league title for 24 years last season will be stronger than ever on Monday when they visit champions Manchester City, who pipped them by two points.
Manchester City football team manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen for the defending champions to avoid a repeat of the disaster they experienced after they first won the Premier League.
After a positive start to the new season domestically, Arsenal head to Istanbul in optimistic mood ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League play-off first leg against Besiktas.
Manchester City and Liverpool, last season`s top two in the Premier League, were both made to sweat by determined opposition before opening their campaigns with hard-fought victories on Sunday.
Unheralded youngsters Tyler Blackett and Reece James were among the players hoping to feature for injury-ravaged Manchester United in their Premier League opener at home to Swansea City on Saturday.
City start their campaign with a trip to St James` Park having added a number of new faces to their ranks since last season`s Premier League and League Cup triumphs.
Brendan Rodgers insists Liverpool are still a force to be reckoned with despite the departure of star striker Luis Suarez.
Champions Manchester City will avoid the hangover that hampered their previous Premier League title defence, captain Vincent Kompany said on Friday on the eve of the new season.
Liverpool can take confidence from last season into the new campaign starting this weekend despite missing out on a first English championship for 24 years, manager Brendan Rodgers said on Friday.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Take a look! 25 best pictures of International Yoga Day celebrations
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?