Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini heralded Stevan Jovetic`s perseverance after the Montenegrin striker scored twice in the Premier League champions` 3-1 win at home to Liverpool.
Manchester City and Liverpool will renew their rivalry beneath the Etihad Stadium floodlights on Monday in the first major head-to-head encounter of the fledgling Premier League season.
Italy and former AC Milan controversial striker Mario Balotelli, provides Liverpool an added zeal in the attack, just what the Reds had been looking for after the departure of Luis Suarez. Balotelli is set to complete a £16m move to the Anfield club from the San Siro giants on Monday. The valuation of the deal has been a highlight of the summer transfer window, it`s a sheer bargain!
Newcastle United had still to score their first Premier League goal of the season after a 0-0 draw away to Aston Villa in Saturday`s early kick-off match.
Manchester City football team boss Manuel Pellegrini has said that Liverpool could not deal with the pressure in last year`s Premier League title race.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said Friday that Mario Balotelli could be the "perfect fit" for Liverpool but that the Reds would still miss star striker Luis Suarez.
Greece striker Georgios Samaras has joined West Bromwich Albion on a two-year deal, the English Premier League side announced Friday.
Liverpool`s regrets about missing out on a first English league title for 24 years last season will be stronger than ever on Monday when they visit champions Manchester City, who pipped them by two points.
Manchester City football team manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen for the defending champions to avoid a repeat of the disaster they experienced after they first won the Premier League.
After a positive start to the new season domestically, Arsenal head to Istanbul in optimistic mood ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League play-off first leg against Besiktas.
Manchester City and Liverpool, last season`s top two in the Premier League, were both made to sweat by determined opposition before opening their campaigns with hard-fought victories on Sunday.
Unheralded youngsters Tyler Blackett and Reece James were among the players hoping to feature for injury-ravaged Manchester United in their Premier League opener at home to Swansea City on Saturday.
City start their campaign with a trip to St James` Park having added a number of new faces to their ranks since last season`s Premier League and League Cup triumphs.
Brendan Rodgers insists Liverpool are still a force to be reckoned with despite the departure of star striker Luis Suarez.
Champions Manchester City will avoid the hangover that hampered their previous Premier League title defence, captain Vincent Kompany said on Friday on the eve of the new season.
Liverpool can take confidence from last season into the new campaign starting this weekend despite missing out on a first English championship for 24 years, manager Brendan Rodgers said on Friday.
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Bharti Singh to quit 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Britain plans to send warship to South China Sea in move likely to irk Beijing
- Nitish Kumar wins floor test in Bihar; Modi-led NDA goes strong in 18 Indian states
- Wish you were our PM, Pakistan would've changed: Woman tweets to Sushma Swaraj
- Nitish Kumar's floor test in Bihar Assembly tomorrow: A quick look at party-wise position