Liverpool striker Torres ruled out for six weeks
London: Liverpool`s Spanish striker Fernando Torres will be out of action for six weeks after tearing knee cartilage, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Captain Steven Gerrard and fellow attacking midfielder Yossi Benayoun also face spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries in the humiliating FA Cup third-round replay defeat by Championship (second division) Reading on Wednesday.
"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks," Benitez told the club`s website.
"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning