Liverpool striker Torres ruled out for six weeks
London: Liverpool`s Spanish striker Fernando Torres will be out of action for six weeks after tearing knee cartilage, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Captain Steven Gerrard and fellow attacking midfielder Yossi Benayoun also face spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries in the humiliating FA Cup third-round replay defeat by Championship (second division) Reading on Wednesday.
"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks," Benitez told the club`s website.
"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials