Liverpool striker Torres ruled out for six weeks
London: Liverpool`s Spanish striker Fernando Torres will be out of action for six weeks after tearing knee cartilage, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Captain Steven Gerrard and fellow attacking midfielder Yossi Benayoun also face spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries in the humiliating FA Cup third-round replay defeat by Championship (second division) Reading on Wednesday.
"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks," Benitez told the club`s website.
"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'