Liverpool striker Torres ruled out for six weeks
London: Liverpool`s Spanish striker Fernando Torres will be out of action for six weeks after tearing knee cartilage, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Captain Steven Gerrard and fellow attacking midfielder Yossi Benayoun also face spells on the sidelines after picking up injuries in the humiliating FA Cup third-round replay defeat by Championship (second division) Reading on Wednesday.
"Steven has a hamstring strain and will be out for a fortnight, while Fernando has torn a cartilage in his right knee. The injury will require surgery and he is expected to be sidelined for six weeks," Benitez told the club`s website.
"Yossi Benayoun also suffered a fractured rib in the game and will be unavailable for between three and four weeks."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state