Manchester City set to sign Nasri
London: Two days after capturing Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, Manchester City is now poised to sign midfielder Samir Nasri in a 19 million pounds deal.
According to a daily, the 150,000 pounds-a-week deal is close to completion and will represent a significant victory for City with both Manchester United and Chelsea also keen on landing the Frenchman.
The news is a bitter blow for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who didn’t want Nasri to go to another Premier League club.
Earlier, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had told the club owners that he needs five new faces before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video