Manchester City set to sign Nasri
London: Two days after capturing Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, Manchester City is now poised to sign midfielder Samir Nasri in a 19 million pounds deal.
According to a daily, the 150,000 pounds-a-week deal is close to completion and will represent a significant victory for City with both Manchester United and Chelsea also keen on landing the Frenchman.
The news is a bitter blow for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who didn’t want Nasri to go to another Premier League club.
Earlier, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had told the club owners that he needs five new faces before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends