Manchester City sign Montenegro defender Savic
London: Montenegro defender Stefan Savic became Manchester City`s second signing of the week when he completed his move from Serbian champions Partizan Belgrade to the Premier League club on Wednesday.
Savic, 20, joined on a four-year contract two days after Gael Clichy moved to Eastlands from Arsenal, City said on their website.
The highly promising centre back impressed in his one-year spell at Partizan, helping them to a domestic league and cup double after joining from neighbours BSK Borca in 2009.
Savic was particularly impressive in Partizan`s Champions League group stage matches against Arsenal and even more so in Montenegro`s 0-0 draw against England at Wembley in a Euro 2012 qualifier.
Noted for impeccable timing and positioning, tough tackling and composure on the ball, Savic won widespread praise during his two-year spell in the Serbian first division, having turned professional at the age of 18.
British newspapers reported that City paid 6 million pounds for Savic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy