Manchester United defender Rafael out for 10 weeks
Manchester: Manchester United defender Rafael will be out of action for around 10 weeks after dislocating his shoulder in training ahead of the champions` Premier League opener at West Bromwich Albion Sunday.
"The Brazilian full back suffered the painful injury at Carrington (training ground) and will be out for some time with Chris Smalling taking on the right back role at The Hawthorns," United said on their website.
Manager Alex Ferguson can also call on Rafael`s twin brother Fabio while the 21-year-old is sidelined but his absence is nevertheless a blow for United, who last season won a record 19th league title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey