Manchester United defender Rafael out for 10 weeks
Manchester: Manchester United defender Rafael will be out of action for around 10 weeks after dislocating his shoulder in training ahead of the champions` Premier League opener at West Bromwich Albion Sunday.
"The Brazilian full back suffered the painful injury at Carrington (training ground) and will be out for some time with Chris Smalling taking on the right back role at The Hawthorns," United said on their website.
Manager Alex Ferguson can also call on Rafael`s twin brother Fabio while the 21-year-old is sidelined but his absence is nevertheless a blow for United, who last season won a record 19th league title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends