ManU captain Vidic rules out transfer to Juventus
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic has no intention of leaving the club this year, his agent Silvano Martina has said. Vidic has been linked with a move to Juventus despite having three years left on his current United contract.
“He’s a player everyone wants. I talked to him about a hypothetical transfer and he said ‘I am the captain of Manchester United, earning well, I’ve won almost everything. Why should I go to Italy when Italian football is going through a turbulent period?” A magazine quoted Martina, as saying.
“This response removes any doubt about where his future lies, he stays where he is,” he added.
Vidic had joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006 and has signed a fresh four-year contract in August last year. The 29-year-old had lifted the Premier League trophy last month and led the club to the Champions League final, where they lost to Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach