Maya on way out, SP set to win UP battle: Exit polls
New Delhi: Exit polls on television channels
on Saturday projected Samajwadi Party emerging as the single largest
party in Uttar Pradesh Assembly poll with one of them giving
it a clear majority while Congress is set to have a clear edge
in Punjab, Uttarakhand and Manipur.
In Goa, one of the channels has predicted an edge to BJP
over ruling Congress.
In widely-watched Uttar Pradesh, ruling BSP appears to be
taking a knock while BJP is projected to nudge Congress to the
Star News-AC Neilson exit poll showed SP emerging as the
single largest party with 183 seats, followed by BSP with 83
According to it, BJP would win 71 seats, Congress 51 and
its ally RLD 11 seats. Independents and others are shown
victorious in two seats each.
Headlines Today exit polls showed SP getting between 195
and 210 seats followed by BSP with 88-98 seats. It showed BJP
getting 50-56 seats followed by Cong-RLD combine with 38-42.
The exit poll showed Independents and others securing 12-18
India TV-C-Voter exit poll showed SP emerging as the
single largest party with 137-145 seats, closely followed by
BSP with 122-130 seats.
It showed BJP winning 79-87 seats, Congress-RLD winning
39-55 seats and Others getting 2-10 seats.
Exit poll by News24 and Today`s Chanakya showed SP
winning 185 seats with an error margin of 18 seats.
They predicted BSP to win 85 seats, BJP 55 and Congress
55. The error margin for the three parties was 15 seats.
Others were shown getting 23 seats with an error margin of 17.
In Goa, the India TV-C-Voter exit poll projected BJP
getting 20 seats followed by Congress with 17. Others were
shown emerging victorious in three seats.
The same team forecast a Congress victory in Punjab (65)
followed by the Akali Dal-BJP combine winning 47 and others
In Uttarakhand, the News24-Today`s Chankya gave Congress
an edge with 30 seats and the BJP getting 28. Others were
given 12 seats.
The same team forecast a win for the Congress in Punjab
with the party getting 60 seats followed by the Akali Dal-BJP
combine getting 52. Others were projected to win five seats.
In Manipur the team forecast a Congress win with 25 seats
followed by NCP (10 seats) and Trinamool Congress getting nine
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says