No points for Force India at Italian GP
Monza: Force India returned empty handed for the fourth time this season with Vitantonio Liuzzi finishing 12th and Adrian Sutil 16th at the Italian Grand Prix.
It is third time in the last four races that Force India has failed to get a point in an otherwise impressive season.
Before this race, Force India had returned without any points from the Chinese, German and Hungary Grand Prix.
Sutil, who began 11th on the grid, was pushed back to the rear after an opening lap trouble which also forced him an early pit stop, but the German driver raced amazingly to move up.
He switched on to hard tyres and moved to 17 by the lap 18. In another five laps, he was in top-15.
With today`s 16th-place finish, Sutil dropped one position to 10th.
It was a home race for Liuzzi, who started on P20, and the Italian made full use of the opening lap mix-up, which also saw Mclaren`s Lewis Hamilton crashing out of the race.
The Briton was too aggressive at the first chicane and collided with Ferarri`s Felipe Massa, damaging his right front wheel.
Liuzzi soon was in 12th position and maintained that till he took first pit stop in lap 32 and joined the race back at 13th position.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, who started at the Pole, won the race after trailing Mclaren`s Jenson Button`s in most of the GP.
Button was second and Alonso`s teammate Massa finished third.
Apart from Hamilton, BMW Sauber`s Kamui Kobayashi, Hispania`s Bruno Senna and Lotus` Jarno Trulli also failed to finish the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown