Recent signings have brought new hunger:Vidic
London: Skipper Nemanja Vidic believes the latest signings at Manchester United have brought a new hunger to the squad.
Vidic is determined to get his teeth into the new season and help United grab a 20th league title and wreak European revenge on Barcelona, reports a daily.
Vidic, 29, was quoted, as saying: "It is important to have new players to bring new energy and hunger, to fight for positions. We now have really healthy competition in the team. That is very important."
The new boys include Ashley Young, Phil Jones and keeper David De Gea with the possible arrival of Wesley Sneijder to come.
For the Serb it is another example of how manager Alex Ferguson never allows United to stand still.
Vidic said: "From the first day I came to this club to the present day, the players and the coaches push you forward to improve. They always bring something new, whether that is in the facilities, in the training. That is the great thing about this club. We have improved every year.”
"This is why we won the title four times in the last five years and made the Champions League final three times in the last four," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday