Recent signings have brought new hunger:Vidic
London: Skipper Nemanja Vidic believes the latest signings at Manchester United have brought a new hunger to the squad.
Vidic is determined to get his teeth into the new season and help United grab a 20th league title and wreak European revenge on Barcelona, reports a daily.
Vidic, 29, was quoted, as saying: "It is important to have new players to bring new energy and hunger, to fight for positions. We now have really healthy competition in the team. That is very important."
The new boys include Ashley Young, Phil Jones and keeper David De Gea with the possible arrival of Wesley Sneijder to come.
For the Serb it is another example of how manager Alex Ferguson never allows United to stand still.
Vidic said: "From the first day I came to this club to the present day, the players and the coaches push you forward to improve. They always bring something new, whether that is in the facilities, in the training. That is the great thing about this club. We have improved every year.”
"This is why we won the title four times in the last five years and made the Champions League final three times in the last four," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends