Recent signings have brought new hunger:Vidic
London: Skipper Nemanja Vidic believes the latest signings at Manchester United have brought a new hunger to the squad.
Vidic is determined to get his teeth into the new season and help United grab a 20th league title and wreak European revenge on Barcelona, reports a daily.
Vidic, 29, was quoted, as saying: "It is important to have new players to bring new energy and hunger, to fight for positions. We now have really healthy competition in the team. That is very important."
The new boys include Ashley Young, Phil Jones and keeper David De Gea with the possible arrival of Wesley Sneijder to come.
For the Serb it is another example of how manager Alex Ferguson never allows United to stand still.
Vidic said: "From the first day I came to this club to the present day, the players and the coaches push you forward to improve. They always bring something new, whether that is in the facilities, in the training. That is the great thing about this club. We have improved every year.”
"This is why we won the title four times in the last five years and made the Champions League final three times in the last four," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC