Schweinsteiger named German footballer of year
Berlin: Bayern Munich star Bastian Schweinsteiger was named German footballer of the year by sporting magazine Kicker on Monday.
Schweinsteinger, who has just extended his contract with the German champions until 2016, was one of the stars of the World Cup in South Africa where his team reached the semi-finals.
The 26-year-old has played 223 Bundesliga games, winning five league titles and five German Cup crowns since joining the club in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi