Schweinsteiger named German footballer of year
Berlin: Bayern Munich star Bastian Schweinsteiger was named German footballer of the year by sporting magazine Kicker on Monday.
Schweinsteinger, who has just extended his contract with the German champions until 2016, was one of the stars of the World Cup in South Africa where his team reached the semi-finals.
The 26-year-old has played 223 Bundesliga games, winning five league titles and five German Cup crowns since joining the club in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress