Schweinsteiger named German footballer of year
Berlin: Bayern Munich star Bastian Schweinsteiger was named German footballer of the year by sporting magazine Kicker on Monday.
Schweinsteinger, who has just extended his contract with the German champions until 2016, was one of the stars of the World Cup in South Africa where his team reached the semi-finals.
The 26-year-old has played 223 Bundesliga games, winning five league titles and five German Cup crowns since joining the club in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Shah Rukh Khan served notice by I-T department on his offshore firms