Shweta`s plan shows Sanjiv Bhatt`s fight was political: BJP
Ahmedabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday slammed the move of Shweta Bhatt, the wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, to contest Gujarat Assembly Elections on a Congress ticket against Chief Minister Narendra Modi from Maninagar constituency in the city.
Reacting to the news, BJP Mahila Morcha president Smriti Irani: “Sanjiv Bhat`s so called fight has been exposed, it wasn`t a legal fight, was politics. He was fighting on behalf of Congress.”
Meanwhile, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said: "Congress is exposed thoroughly today. In the last 10 years, they carried out a hate campaign...They defamed Gujarat to the hilt. And Sanjiv Bhatt became a major pawn in the hands of Congress.”
By fielding Bhatt`s wife Shweta in the Gujarat Assembly Elections, he said, "It is clear today which forces are working behind Sanjiv Bhatt, after his wife became a Congress candidate."
Javadekar said whatever Bhatt did in last 10 years, the "whole architect, script writers and directors were the Congress".
"It was Congress-sponsored hate campaign to defame Gujarat and Gujarati voters will definitely teach a bitter lesson to Congress," he said.
Sanjiv Bhatt, who is at loggerheads with Modi, in an affidavit in the Supreme Court last year had alleged complicity on the part of the Gujarat CM in the 2002 riots. He also deposed against Modi before the Nanavati Commission, probing the riots.
Bhatt, who was the Principal, SRP Training School, was later suspended by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi