Trahan hits opening shot at Hazeltine National
Chaska: The 91st US PGA Championship began in bright sunshine at Hazeltine National Golf Club on Thursday as four-times winner Tiger Woods prepared for an early teeoff.
DJ Trahan ended up in the right fairway with the opening shot at the par-four first before being followed by fellow Americans Keith Dicciani and Briny Baird.
World number one Woods, fresh from victory in his last two starts on the PGA Tour, was scheduled to start from the 10th hole at 0835 local time (2:45 p.m. British time).
Woods, hunting his 15th major title but first this year, has been grouped with holder Padraig Harrington and 2002 champion Rich Beem for the first two rounds.
Harrington clinched last year`s PGA Championship by two shots at Oakland Hills in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan where Woods was a notable absentee while recovering from knee surgery.
It was the Irishman`s third major victory in six starts, following earlier successes at the British Open in 2007 and 2008.
Masters champion Angel Cabrera of Argentina was set to tee off from the first at 1335 (7:35 p.m. British time) with US Open winner Lucas Glover and British Open champion Stewart Cink.
In other high-profile groups, twice champion Vijay Singh has been drawn with former winners Davis Love III and Steve Elkington while Phil Mickelson, the 2005 champion at Baltusrol, will play with fellow Americans David Toms and Paul Azinger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!