Tiger Woods has split with swing coach Sean Foley after four years, the 14-times major winner said in a statement on Monday.
Rory McIlroy is the best driver in contemporary golf when he is `on his game` while Adam Scott is consistently the best, day-in and day-out. Both players are regarded as better off the tee than Tiger Woods was at his peak.
Rory McIlroy, the hottest golfer on the planet, is not thinking about taking the torch from Tiger Woods as the sport`s next dominant player, but the easy-going Northern Irishman says he has already sparred with Woods over a potential rivalry.
Tiger Woods made himself unavailable for the U.S. Ryder Cup team because he did not think he could win a point in the matches, the former world number one said on Tuesday.
Tiger Woods ruled himself out of the Ryder Cup on Wednesday, saying he will not return to competition until December because he needs time to strengthen his ailing back.
United States` golf team captain Tom Watson expects former world number one Tiger Woods to give an honest assessment of his fitness to play in September`s Ryder Cup at Gleneagles.
Talk of the `Tiger era` being replaced by a `Rory era` escalated after Rory McIlroy thrust himself into golf`s pantheon of greats by clinching his fourth major title at the 96th PGA Championship on Sunday.
United States Ryder Cup captain Tom Watson has not yet ruled an ailing Tiger Woods out of his team to take on holders Europe in Gleneagles, Scotland from Sept. 26-28.
Former US Ryder Cup team captain Paul Azinger Sunday said he would not pick Tiger Woods in this year`s event and feels that the 14-time major winner will rule himself out of the contest slated Sep 23-28 at Gleneagles, Scotland.
Rory McIlroy was chasing more golf history as the third round of the PGA Championship teed off Saturday with the world number one leading by a stroke at Valhalla.
A badly out-of-sorts Tiger Woods missed the fourth major cut of his professional career after again struggling with his game in the second round of the PGA Championship on Friday.
Tiger Woods` lengthy title drought in the majors showed no sign of ending any time soon after the former world number one struggled to an opening three-over-par 74 at the PGA Championship on Thursday.
Unheralded American Brendon Todd moved into an early three-way tie for the lead at the PGA Championship on Thursday while four-times winner Tiger Woods made an erratic start to the opening round.
American golf ace Tom Watson, who captains U.S. Ryder Cup team, has named the experienced Steve Stricker as vice-captain, giving himself a 47-year-old assistant who could potentially play should the need arise.
There was a player withdrawal from the 96th PGA Championship on Thursday due to back pain, but it was not Tiger Woods who pulled out.
Tiger Woods began the 96th PGA Championship by rescuing a par from the rough at the 10th hole Thursday as the year`s final major tournament began at Valhalla.
Four-times winner Tiger Woods, pain-free after suffering a back scare on Sunday, prepared for an early morning start as the 96th PGA Championship began under clear skies at Valhalla Golf Club on Thursday.
The waiting game ended when Tiger Woods pronounced himself pain-free and ready to compete in this week`s PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club after playing nine holes in practice on Wednesday afternoon.
Tiger Woods was nowhere to be seen Tuesday at the PGA Championship, except for his image on promotional banners, and his status for Thursday`s scheduled start at Valhalla remained uncertain.
Tiger Woods, his back again in pain, has not yet decided if he can play in the PGA Championship starting on Thursday in Kentucky, his agent said.
This week`s PGA Championship in Louisville, Kentucky is likely to deliver further confirmation that a new world order is establishing itself in the game with players such as Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott now leading the way.
It has been 14 years since Tiger Woods won the PGA Championship when it was last held at Valhalla Golf Club in Kentucky but the memories of his epic battle with Bob May over the closing stretch remain sharply etched in his mind.
Twice major winner Tony Jacklin hailed Rory McIlroy`s "sensational" driving display in winning the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and believes the new world number one can go on to dominate golf for as long as he wants.
Defending champion Tiger Woods pulled out of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio during the final round due to a back injury.
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson have been paired together for the first two rounds of the 96th PGA Championship, the PGA of America announced Friday.
Australia`s Marc Leishman fired a six-under par 64 on Thursday to seize a one-stroke lead in the Bridgestone Invitational with defending champion Tiger Woods four shots back.
Australian Marc Leishman, maintaining his recent good form, upstaged the game`s biggest names as he charged into a one-shot lead in the opening round of the elite WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio on Thursday.
Rory McIlroy wants his British Open triumph to be a springboard to more success this season while Tiger Woods is seeking to jump start a 2014 campaign hindered by injury.
Tiger Woods, still tournament rusty after spending much of this year recovering from back surgery, could not have picked a better venue as he strives to turn his season around at this week`s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Tiger Woods, battling back from a back injury, still drives fan interest and TV ratings and PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem is as keen as the former world number one himself that he has a big 2014 finish.
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened