Will find out Boston culprits, hold them accountable: Barack Obama
Washington: Reacting strongly to the incidents of three explosions that rocked Boston, US President Barack Obama has affirmed that his administration will find out the perpetrators and hold them accountable for the act.
The President, however, sought to refrain from jumping into any conclusion about the nature of the explosions.
"We still do not know who did this and why. And people shouldn`t jump to conclusions before we have all the facts. But make no mistake, we will get to the bottom of this," Obama said in an statement, some three hours after the blasts.
"We will find out who did this (and) why they did this. Any responsible individuals, any responsible groups will feel the full weight of justice," a grim but determined-looking Obama said in his White House statement to the press.
The President said he has spoken to the Boston Mayor and the Massachusetts Governor soon after he was notified and briefed about the happenings by his national security team.
"You should anticipate that as we get more information, our teams will provide you briefings. We`re still in the investigation stage at this point. But I just want to reiterate we will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable," the US President said.
Obama said he and his administration are continuing to monitor and respond to the situation as it unfolds.
"I`ve directed the full resources of the federal government to help state and local authorities protect our people, increase security around the US as necessary, and investigate what happened," he said.
The President said he has spoken to the FBI Director and Secretary of Homeland Security, besides other top officials of his national security team.
"I`ve updated leaders of Congress in both parties, and we reaffirmed that on days like this there are no Republicans or Democrats, we are Americans, united in concern for our fellow citizens," he said.
The President also prayed for the victims on the behalf of himself and the First Lady Michelle Obama.
"The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight, and Michelle and I send our deepest thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims in the wake of this senseless loss," he said.
"We don`t yet have all the answers. But we do know that multiple people have been wounded, some gravely, in explosions at the Boston Marathon," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared