Karnataka polls 2013: JD(U) candidate dies
Bijapur: JD(U) candidate Devappagouda G Patil contesting from Sindagi Assembly constituency on Saturday died at a hospital in Solapur in Maharashtra, an official said.
Patil (55) was admitted to Bijapur Hospital five days ago after he suffered a heart attack while campaigning. Subsequently, he was shifted to Solapur Hospital for further treatment.
Deputy Commissioner Shivayogi Kalasad, who is district election officer, said he has informed the Chief Electoral Officer about Patil`s demise.
The elections to the 225-member House will be held on May 5.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living