Karnataka polls 2013: JD(U) candidate dies
Bijapur: JD(U) candidate Devappagouda G Patil contesting from Sindagi Assembly constituency on Saturday died at a hospital in Solapur in Maharashtra, an official said.
Patil (55) was admitted to Bijapur Hospital five days ago after he suffered a heart attack while campaigning. Subsequently, he was shifted to Solapur Hospital for further treatment.
Deputy Commissioner Shivayogi Kalasad, who is district election officer, said he has informed the Chief Electoral Officer about Patil`s demise.
The elections to the 225-member House will be held on May 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress