BJP national vice-president Prabhat Jha has said that his party lost the Karnataka Assembly elections due to its own mistakes.
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader Siddaramaiah, who was yesterday appointed as the Karnataka Chief Minister by the state’s Governor, will most likely be sworn in on Monday.
Siddaramaiah, who would be the new Karnataka Chief Minister, on Friday said putting the `collapsed" administration back on track would be a major challenge facing him in his new role.
The average asset per MLA in the 2013 Karnataka Assembly elections is Rs 23.54 crore, a nearly 135 per cent increase compared to the previous 2008 poll, when it was Rs 10.02 crore, according to an NGO.
Congress` Siddaramaiah will likely be frontrunner for the Chief Minister`s post in Karnataka ahead of the visit of AICC observers to Bangalore to elect a new leader of the party`s legislature group.
Buoyed by a thumping win in Karnataka, Congress said the poll results of the southern state will leave an impact on other states also.
Siddaramaiah appears to be emerging as the frontrunner for CM`s post in Karnataka ahead of the visit of AICC observers to Bangalore.
Former Chief Minister and Karnataka Janata Paksha president B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said it was the split votes of his party and BJP that helped Congress bag 121 seats in the May 5 assembly polls.
BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday pointed out that the party founded by him four months ago got 10 per cent votes in the Assembly Elections.
Congress is sending four AICC observers led by AK Antony to Karnataka on Friday to elicit the views of newly elected MLAs on the issue of CM.
Internal fight within the Congress for chief ministership gained full speed on Thursday.
The fall from grace of the once mighty Reddy brothers may have been complete but the Assembly poll outcome shows that the clout of other mining lords remains undiminished in the "Republic of Bellary."
Pitching himself as the next Chief Minister of Karnataka, Congress leader Siddaramaiah said Thursday that all 120 of the party`s newly elected legislators were with him.
With the Congress having wrested Karnataka from the BJP, the race for the chief minister`s post has begun within the party.
By garnering an estimated ten percent votes, Karnataka Janatha Paksha spelt doom for the ruling BJP & catapulted the Congress to power in Karnataka.
The BJP on Wednesday expressed surprise over Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray expressing his happiness over the Jagadish Shettar-led government`s defeat in Karnataka Assembly elections.
Gujarat Congress on Wednesday claimed that wherever Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi addressed public meetings during Karnataka election campaign, BJP lost those seats.
BJP`s humiliating defeat in the Karnataka assembly polls is the beginning of its decline in election-bound states, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said on Wednesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday said the BJP accepted the people`s mandate in the assembly polls but claimed it was not a "positive" verdict for Congress.
The decision to remove B S Yeddyurappa from the chief minister`s post and his breaking away to form his own party as well as infighting have been major causes for BJP`s rout.
The Telugu Desam Party on Wednesday said that people of Karnataka voted the Congress to power in that state as there was no alternative.
Goa govt`s move to impose Entry Tax on vehicles from other states is one of the factors for BJP`s debacle in Karnataka polls, according to Congress.
The BJP top brass on conceded the decision to remove BS Yeddyurappa from the chief minister`s post and his subsequent decision to form his own party has been a major contributor, along with infighting, to their rout in Karnataka.
Chhattisgarh Congress president Nand Kumar Patel on Wednesday hailed the party`s thumping victory in Karnataka Assembly elections and credited vice president Rahul Gandhi for the good show.
The Telugu Desam Party today said that people of Karnataka voted the Congress to power in that state as there was no alternative.
Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday resigned after his ruling BJP faced a humiliating defeat in the 14th state legislative assembly elections held on Sunday.
Shiv Sena, the alliance partner of BJP in NDA, is "happy" over the defeat of the "anti-Marathi" government in Karnataka even as it asserted that BJP will do well in upcoming Assembly elections in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
Goa government`s move to impose Entry Tax on vehicles from other states is one of the factors responsible for BJP`s debacle in Karnataka Assembly polls, according to opposition Congress.
As the Congress secured a comfortable majority in Karnataka, all eyes are now on who will become the chief minister.
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Shiv Sena can break alliance with BJP after Kasuri issue
- Pakistan at unrest following Zee News revelations on Balochistan and PoK
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Panel discussion on Shiv Sena's protest against Kasuri's book launch
- Top news headlines @ 8pm
- Watch: Pooja Mishra caught on CCTV creating ruckus in store in Delhi
- Dengue breaks 19 year record in Delhi, 10,683 patients admitted
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Despite paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launched; Shiv Sena faces flak
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- 'Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s little one – AbRam – drives a car!
- Bobby Darling to marry businessman Ramneek Sharma?
- VIDEO: The Great Khali's funny ad will leave you gasping for breath