BJP national vice-president Prabhat Jha has said that his party lost the Karnataka Assembly elections due to its own mistakes.
Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader Siddaramaiah, who was yesterday appointed as the Karnataka Chief Minister by the state’s Governor, will most likely be sworn in on Monday.
Siddaramaiah, who would be the new Karnataka Chief Minister, on Friday said putting the `collapsed" administration back on track would be a major challenge facing him in his new role.
The average asset per MLA in the 2013 Karnataka Assembly elections is Rs 23.54 crore, a nearly 135 per cent increase compared to the previous 2008 poll, when it was Rs 10.02 crore, according to an NGO.
Congress` Siddaramaiah will likely be frontrunner for the Chief Minister`s post in Karnataka ahead of the visit of AICC observers to Bangalore to elect a new leader of the party`s legislature group.
Buoyed by a thumping win in Karnataka, Congress said the poll results of the southern state will leave an impact on other states also.
Siddaramaiah appears to be emerging as the frontrunner for CM`s post in Karnataka ahead of the visit of AICC observers to Bangalore.
Former Chief Minister and Karnataka Janata Paksha president B S Yeddyurappa on Thursday said it was the split votes of his party and BJP that helped Congress bag 121 seats in the May 5 assembly polls.
BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday pointed out that the party founded by him four months ago got 10 per cent votes in the Assembly Elections.
Congress is sending four AICC observers led by AK Antony to Karnataka on Friday to elicit the views of newly elected MLAs on the issue of CM.
Internal fight within the Congress for chief ministership gained full speed on Thursday.
The fall from grace of the once mighty Reddy brothers may have been complete but the Assembly poll outcome shows that the clout of other mining lords remains undiminished in the "Republic of Bellary."
Pitching himself as the next Chief Minister of Karnataka, Congress leader Siddaramaiah said Thursday that all 120 of the party`s newly elected legislators were with him.
With the Congress having wrested Karnataka from the BJP, the race for the chief minister`s post has begun within the party.
By garnering an estimated ten percent votes, Karnataka Janatha Paksha spelt doom for the ruling BJP & catapulted the Congress to power in Karnataka.
The BJP on Wednesday expressed surprise over Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray expressing his happiness over the Jagadish Shettar-led government`s defeat in Karnataka Assembly elections.
Gujarat Congress on Wednesday claimed that wherever Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi addressed public meetings during Karnataka election campaign, BJP lost those seats.
BJP`s humiliating defeat in the Karnataka assembly polls is the beginning of its decline in election-bound states, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said on Wednesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday said the BJP accepted the people`s mandate in the assembly polls but claimed it was not a "positive" verdict for Congress.
The decision to remove B S Yeddyurappa from the chief minister`s post and his breaking away to form his own party as well as infighting have been major causes for BJP`s rout.
The Telugu Desam Party on Wednesday said that people of Karnataka voted the Congress to power in that state as there was no alternative.
Goa govt`s move to impose Entry Tax on vehicles from other states is one of the factors for BJP`s debacle in Karnataka polls, according to Congress.
The BJP top brass on conceded the decision to remove BS Yeddyurappa from the chief minister`s post and his subsequent decision to form his own party has been a major contributor, along with infighting, to their rout in Karnataka.
Chhattisgarh Congress president Nand Kumar Patel on Wednesday hailed the party`s thumping victory in Karnataka Assembly elections and credited vice president Rahul Gandhi for the good show.
The Telugu Desam Party today said that people of Karnataka voted the Congress to power in that state as there was no alternative.
Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday resigned after his ruling BJP faced a humiliating defeat in the 14th state legislative assembly elections held on Sunday.
Shiv Sena, the alliance partner of BJP in NDA, is "happy" over the defeat of the "anti-Marathi" government in Karnataka even as it asserted that BJP will do well in upcoming Assembly elections in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
Goa government`s move to impose Entry Tax on vehicles from other states is one of the factors responsible for BJP`s debacle in Karnataka Assembly polls, according to opposition Congress.
As the Congress secured a comfortable majority in Karnataka, all eyes are now on who will become the chief minister.
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Solar plane takes off for Hawaii from Japan