EU referendum results LIVE: UK votes to leave the European Union; PM Cameron to resign in October
In a historic referendum, Britain on Friday parted ways from the European Union (EU), becoming the first country to leave the 28-nation bloc. After the verdict, pro "Leave" groups in the Netherlands and other EU nations have called for similar referendums in their respective countries. The news of UK's exit from the European Union, after 43 years of its membership, sent ripples to the global financial markets, forcing several countries to adopt defensive measures to tackle the crisis.
The final results were announced at the Manchester Town Hall. Of the 33,577,342 votes cast, 17,410,742 votes were for 'Leave' and 16,141,241 votes for 'Remain'.
Here are all the LIVE updates:-
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir