Samajwadi Party feud: Events as they unfolded on October 24, 2016
Lucknow: The feud in UP's ruling Samajwadi Party on Monday came out into the open with a high-voltage drama unfolding in full public view during which party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav sided with his younger brother Shivpal and friend Amar Singh, and reprimanded son Akhilesh Yadav but ruled out his removal as Chief Minister.
Amid speculation about a possible split ahead of the assembly polls, the bitter power struggle in SP's first family played out on stage at a meeting called by its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav of party legislators, MPs and other leaders where Akhilesh, blowing hot and cold, first offered to step down in a choked voice but later accused Amar Singh and those close to him of hatching a "conspiracy" against him and his father.
There were sharp exchanges between Akhilesh and Mulayam, who virtually dismissed him as an insignificant entity in UP politics who could not win an election without his support.
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found