Madhya Pradesh High Court Chief Justice sworn in
Bhopal: Justice Hemant Gupta was on Saturday sworn in as the 23rd Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Governor Om Prakash Kohli administered the oath of office to Justice Gupta at the Raj Bhavan here.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, state ministers, and senior bureaucrats were present on the occasion.
Justice Gupta has been the officiating Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
Justice Gupta succeeds Justice Rajendra Menon, who was the acting Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court since May 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why