NIA takes over probe in MP train blast case
Bhopal: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the probe into the March 7 Bhopal-Ujjain passenger train blast in Shajapur district of Madhya Pradesh, officials said here today.
Details and documents related to the probe have been handed over to an NIA team, which arrived here from Delhi yesterday, a state government official said.
The agency, which takes over the probe from Madhya Pradesh Police, is now expected to start questioning the three accused -- Mohammad Danish, Mohammad Atif Muzaffar and Sayed Meer Husain -- who were arrested from Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, hours after the blast, the official added.
A local court on March 8 had remanded the trio in the custody of the Madhya Pradesh Police's Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) till March 23.
The three arrested persons, said to be influenced by the ISIS ideology, have been accused of planting a pipe bomb in the train.
According to the police, examination of the remnants of the pipe bomb had revealed that "ISIS now in India" was written over it.
At least 10 people were injured, three of them seriously, in the IED blast on the train near Jabri station in Shajapur district of Madhya Pradesh on March 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why