ACB arrests engineer over disproportionate assets
Hyderabad: Sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) have arrested a Deputy Executive Engineer with the AP State Housing Corporation for amassing assets worth over Rs 1.12 crore in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Acting on a tip-off, simultaneous searches were conducted in the house of accused A Shankar Rao, and his relatives on Friday, following which several documents pertaining to the assets, income and expenditure were seized, an ACB official said on Saturday.
As per the documents, Rao possessed Rs 1.12 crore worth disproportionate assets to his known sources of income. However, the market value of these assets is estimated to be around Rs four crore, he said.
The searches revealed that the arrested officer owned three houses, nine house sites and 30 acres of agricultural land, the officer said.
A disproportionate assets case was registered against Rao and further investigations are in progress, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video