ACB sleuths arrest government doctor for accepting bribe
Hyderabad: A government doctor was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on charges of corruption in the Warangal district of Andhra Pradesh today.
Kunta Ramakrishna working as Superintendent of MGM Hospital was trapped by ACB officials while accepting Rs 1.50 lakh as a bribe from a complainant, an ACB official said.
Ramakrishna demanded the bribe to clear bills pertaining to oxygen cylinders supplied to the hospital by the complainanat, for the month of March and April, the official said.
Ramakrishna is to be produced before the Second Additional Special Judge for ACB cases here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday