Andhra Pradesh division: Court permits Jagan to meet Mamata, Akhilesh
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday allowed the plea of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, facing corruption charges, to visit Kolkata and Lucknow to mobilise the support of parties like Trinamool Congress and Samajwadi Party against the move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
The court permitted the Kadapa MP, who in separate applications requested to allow him to visit Kolkata to meet West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tomorrow and Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav on November 21.
The court had yesterday dismissed Jagan`s plea seeking further relaxation on his bail conditions by allowing him to visit other states and observed that blanket permission for visiting other states could not be considered since the elections in AP were not around and suggested the petitioner to approach it whenever he intends to visit state/place outside Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Jagan, who was arrested in May last year, got bail in the corruption case on September 23 this year, with the court asking the Kadapa MP not to leave the state capital without its permission.
However, the court had on October 30 allowed his plea for relaxing the bail conditions to enable him to visit different parts of Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Jagan had in the applications submitted that being an MP and leader of a political party, he has to meet leaders of different political parties (in view of the prevailing situation in the state in the wake of announcement to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh) and travel frequently.
The applications further said that he intends to try to convince all the national political leaders on the stand adopted by him and his political party and bring a consensus against the division of the state (Andhra Pradesh) by unifying the entire state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened