Andhra Pradesh division: Court permits Jagan to meet Mamata, Akhilesh
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday allowed the plea of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, facing corruption charges, to visit Kolkata and Lucknow to mobilise the support of parties like Trinamool Congress and Samajwadi Party against the move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
The court permitted the Kadapa MP, who in separate applications requested to allow him to visit Kolkata to meet West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tomorrow and Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav on November 21.
The court had yesterday dismissed Jagan`s plea seeking further relaxation on his bail conditions by allowing him to visit other states and observed that blanket permission for visiting other states could not be considered since the elections in AP were not around and suggested the petitioner to approach it whenever he intends to visit state/place outside Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Jagan, who was arrested in May last year, got bail in the corruption case on September 23 this year, with the court asking the Kadapa MP not to leave the state capital without its permission.
However, the court had on October 30 allowed his plea for relaxing the bail conditions to enable him to visit different parts of Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
Jagan had in the applications submitted that being an MP and leader of a political party, he has to meet leaders of different political parties (in view of the prevailing situation in the state in the wake of announcement to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh) and travel frequently.
The applications further said that he intends to try to convince all the national political leaders on the stand adopted by him and his political party and bring a consensus against the division of the state (Andhra Pradesh) by unifying the entire state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah