AP govt asks for mega food-processing park in Nizamabad
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today urged Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar to sanction a mega food processing park in Nizamabad district of the state.
Reddy held discussions with the Union Minister on issues relating to poultry farmers, fisheries sector and oil palm farmers.
There is a proposal to set up an agro and food processing industrial park in Nizamabad district, a release from the Chief Minister`s office said.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has provided about 370 acres of land in Nandipet mandal for the project.
The Chief Minister requested Pawar to grant a moratorium for a period of one year on repayment of term loans availed by the poultry industry, including farmers, breeding farms, integrators and hatcheries.
He also sought that Food Corporation of India should release at least two lakh tones each of damaged wheat and rice for exclusive use of poultry farmers at a subsidised rate, 5O per cent of the Minimum Support Price (MSP); and they be allowed to import Soya Meal for their captive consumption, at zero rate of customs duty, for a period of one year.
Reddy also asked the Union Minister to facilitate setting up of a world-class aquarium in Andhra Pradesh, to which Pawar agreed, the release said.
State ministers D Sridhar Babu, Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy, Pithani Satyannarayana, P Bala Raju, R Venkata Reddy; MP Suresh Shetkar and senior officials from the Centre and State Government participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan