AP: Nine killed during New Year celebrations
Hyderabad: The New Year began on a tragic note with nine people, including revellers, getting killed in four separate road accidents in Andhra Pradesh.
Two youngsters celebrating the New Year were killed in the upmarket Jubliee Hills here when a speeding car hit their motorcycle. Police said the accident took place around 1.30 a.m.
Two youth were injured in another accident in the city when they fell from their motorcycle.
Despite police shutting down all flyovers and imposing traffic restrictions on Tank Bund and other key roads surrounding Hussain Sagar lake in the city, hundreds of revellers came on the streets to celebrate the New Year.
Many of them were riding triple on their two-wheelers while cars were being driven at high speed. Police booked cases against dozens of revellers who were driving vehicles in an inebriated condition.
In another tragedy during New Year celebrations, two youngsters were killed in Kadapa district. The students of Class 10 were carrying a cake when they fell from their two-wheeler.
In another accident, three people, aged between 20 and 25, were killed when a truck hit their motorcycle in the early hours of Tuesday at Ganded in Ranga Reddy district near Hyderabad. They were reportedly returning home after New Year celebrations.
Two people were killed in another accident in the same district at Tandur when their two-wheeler hit a police barricade and a four-wheeler ran them over, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened