Businessman from Andhra shot dead in US
Hyderabad: A businessman from Andhra Pradesh is suspected to have been shot dead by burglars in a supermarket in Cincinnati, Ohio, US.
G Venkat Reddy was found dead in the supermarket he used to run, the businessman`s family in Karimnagar town was informed late Sunday.
He was allegedly attacked by the burglars, who escaped with 800 dollars. Venkat Reddy, 48, had gone to the US 12 years ago. His wife Kavitha is a software engineer in the US and they have a son.
When Venkat Reddy did not return home Saturday night, his wife tried to contact him over his mobile phone. She grew anxious as her husband was not picking up the phone. She along with her neighbour then reached the supermarket only to find Venkat Reddy in a pool of blood.
Police initially registered a case of suspicious death but are now probing it as a case of murder, family members said.
A pall of gloom descended on the house of Venkat Reddy`s sister at Mankammathota in Karimnagar town, 170 km from here. His brother-in-law Shyam Sunder Reddy, an advocate, will leave for the US to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert