Businessman from Andhra shot dead in US
Hyderabad: A businessman from Andhra Pradesh is suspected to have been shot dead by burglars in a supermarket in Cincinnati, Ohio, US.
G Venkat Reddy was found dead in the supermarket he used to run, the businessman`s family in Karimnagar town was informed late Sunday.
He was allegedly attacked by the burglars, who escaped with 800 dollars. Venkat Reddy, 48, had gone to the US 12 years ago. His wife Kavitha is a software engineer in the US and they have a son.
When Venkat Reddy did not return home Saturday night, his wife tried to contact him over his mobile phone. She grew anxious as her husband was not picking up the phone. She along with her neighbour then reached the supermarket only to find Venkat Reddy in a pool of blood.
Police initially registered a case of suspicious death but are now probing it as a case of murder, family members said.
A pall of gloom descended on the house of Venkat Reddy`s sister at Mankammathota in Karimnagar town, 170 km from here. His brother-in-law Shyam Sunder Reddy, an advocate, will leave for the US to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam