Cannot dilute CRZ norms for constructing buildings: Andhra CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said the state government could not allow construction of buildings in Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) areas since it`s the jurisdiction of Central government to relax guidelines.
Reddy was interacting with fisher-folk at Chepalauppada village as the part of `Indiramma Baata` programme.
"No permission can be given to allow construction in CRZ area," he said.
Fishermen from six villages had appealed to the chief minister to sanction setting up of buildings to store fish and a parking place of their boats on the beach in Bheemili.
"Since state government has nothing to do to with lifting CRZ guidelines, we are ready to accept the proposals promising storage facilities in the area that will not come under CRZ," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard to depose in Depp-divorce case on August 6
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata