Cannot dilute CRZ norms for constructing buildings: Andhra CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said the state government could not allow construction of buildings in Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) areas since it`s the jurisdiction of Central government to relax guidelines.
Reddy was interacting with fisher-folk at Chepalauppada village as the part of `Indiramma Baata` programme.
"No permission can be given to allow construction in CRZ area," he said.
Fishermen from six villages had appealed to the chief minister to sanction setting up of buildings to store fish and a parking place of their boats on the beach in Bheemili.
"Since state government has nothing to do to with lifting CRZ guidelines, we are ready to accept the proposals promising storage facilities in the area that will not come under CRZ," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!