Cannot dilute CRZ norms for constructing buildings: Andhra CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said the state government could not allow construction of buildings in Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) areas since it`s the jurisdiction of Central government to relax guidelines.
Reddy was interacting with fisher-folk at Chepalauppada village as the part of `Indiramma Baata` programme.
"No permission can be given to allow construction in CRZ area," he said.
Fishermen from six villages had appealed to the chief minister to sanction setting up of buildings to store fish and a parking place of their boats on the beach in Bheemili.
"Since state government has nothing to do to with lifting CRZ guidelines, we are ready to accept the proposals promising storage facilities in the area that will not come under CRZ," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah