Cannot dilute CRZ norms for constructing buildings: Andhra CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said the state government could not allow construction of buildings in Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) areas since it`s the jurisdiction of Central government to relax guidelines.
Reddy was interacting with fisher-folk at Chepalauppada village as the part of `Indiramma Baata` programme.
"No permission can be given to allow construction in CRZ area," he said.
Fishermen from six villages had appealed to the chief minister to sanction setting up of buildings to store fish and a parking place of their boats on the beach in Bheemili.
"Since state government has nothing to do to with lifting CRZ guidelines, we are ready to accept the proposals promising storage facilities in the area that will not come under CRZ," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing