Cannot dilute CRZ norms for constructing buildings: Andhra CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said the state government could not allow construction of buildings in Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) areas since it`s the jurisdiction of Central government to relax guidelines.
Reddy was interacting with fisher-folk at Chepalauppada village as the part of `Indiramma Baata` programme.
"No permission can be given to allow construction in CRZ area," he said.
Fishermen from six villages had appealed to the chief minister to sanction setting up of buildings to store fish and a parking place of their boats on the beach in Bheemili.
"Since state government has nothing to do to with lifting CRZ guidelines, we are ready to accept the proposals promising storage facilities in the area that will not come under CRZ," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'