Explosives seized in Hyderabad; one held
Hyderabad: Police on Thursday seized huge quantity of explosive material, including 300 electro-detonators and 100 kg of ammonium nitrate, after arresting a person here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team of South Zone Task Force intercepted a vehicle in Kanchanbag area and seized the explosives before nabbing one blasting contractor, identified only as Jangiah.
He had illegally procured the explosives for carrying out blasts near construction sites, police said, adding, besides detonators and ammonium nitrate, 50 kg of gelatin sticks were also recovered.
The contractor was being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB