Explosives seized in Hyderabad; one held
Hyderabad: Police on Thursday seized huge quantity of explosive material, including 300 electro-detonators and 100 kg of ammonium nitrate, after arresting a person here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team of South Zone Task Force intercepted a vehicle in Kanchanbag area and seized the explosives before nabbing one blasting contractor, identified only as Jangiah.
He had illegally procured the explosives for carrying out blasts near construction sites, police said, adding, besides detonators and ammonium nitrate, 50 kg of gelatin sticks were also recovered.
The contractor was being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city