Explosives seized in Hyderabad; one held
Hyderabad: Police on Thursday seized huge quantity of explosive material, including 300 electro-detonators and 100 kg of ammonium nitrate, after arresting a person here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team of South Zone Task Force intercepted a vehicle in Kanchanbag area and seized the explosives before nabbing one blasting contractor, identified only as Jangiah.
He had illegally procured the explosives for carrying out blasts near construction sites, police said, adding, besides detonators and ammonium nitrate, 50 kg of gelatin sticks were also recovered.
The contractor was being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match