Explosives seized in Hyderabad; one held
Hyderabad: Police on Thursday seized huge quantity of explosive material, including 300 electro-detonators and 100 kg of ammonium nitrate, after arresting a person here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team of South Zone Task Force intercepted a vehicle in Kanchanbag area and seized the explosives before nabbing one blasting contractor, identified only as Jangiah.
He had illegally procured the explosives for carrying out blasts near construction sites, police said, adding, besides detonators and ammonium nitrate, 50 kg of gelatin sticks were also recovered.
The contractor was being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption