Explosives seized in Hyderabad; one held
Hyderabad: Police on Thursday seized huge quantity of explosive material, including 300 electro-detonators and 100 kg of ammonium nitrate, after arresting a person here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team of South Zone Task Force intercepted a vehicle in Kanchanbag area and seized the explosives before nabbing one blasting contractor, identified only as Jangiah.
He had illegally procured the explosives for carrying out blasts near construction sites, police said, adding, besides detonators and ammonium nitrate, 50 kg of gelatin sticks were also recovered.
The contractor was being interrogated, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?