Fake currency seized, three arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Three persons including a woman were today arrested from Secunderabad railway station here after they were found in possession of fake Indian currency notes with face value of Rs 2 lakh, police said.
After getting a tip-off, Commissioner`s Task Force (Central Zone) Team nabbed M Subhashini, Bhaskar and Bandaru Venkanna.
Police seized fake notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denomination from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
The trio allegedly told interrogators that they had exchanged original Indian currency of Rs 1 lakh with fake notes of Rs 2 lakh from a person called Muzaffar in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP