Fake currency seized, three arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Three persons including a woman were today arrested from Secunderabad railway station here after they were found in possession of fake Indian currency notes with face value of Rs 2 lakh, police said.
After getting a tip-off, Commissioner`s Task Force (Central Zone) Team nabbed M Subhashini, Bhaskar and Bandaru Venkanna.
Police seized fake notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denomination from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
The trio allegedly told interrogators that they had exchanged original Indian currency of Rs 1 lakh with fake notes of Rs 2 lakh from a person called Muzaffar in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Zimbabwe vs New Zealand: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Pune under-construction building collapse: 9 killed, rescue operation underway
- G2A Direct gaming platform launched in India
- Sanjay Dutt to star in Mahesh Manjrekar's next