Fake currency seized, three arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Three persons including a woman were today arrested from Secunderabad railway station here after they were found in possession of fake Indian currency notes with face value of Rs 2 lakh, police said.
After getting a tip-off, Commissioner`s Task Force (Central Zone) Team nabbed M Subhashini, Bhaskar and Bandaru Venkanna.
Police seized fake notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denomination from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
The trio allegedly told interrogators that they had exchanged original Indian currency of Rs 1 lakh with fake notes of Rs 2 lakh from a person called Muzaffar in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report