Fake currency seized, three arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Three persons including a woman were today arrested from Secunderabad railway station here after they were found in possession of fake Indian currency notes with face value of Rs 2 lakh, police said.
After getting a tip-off, Commissioner`s Task Force (Central Zone) Team nabbed M Subhashini, Bhaskar and Bandaru Venkanna.
Police seized fake notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denomination from them, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
The trio allegedly told interrogators that they had exchanged original Indian currency of Rs 1 lakh with fake notes of Rs 2 lakh from a person called Muzaffar in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon