Feb 15 not deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy: AP govt
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today said people need not panic as February 15 is not the deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy, even as a mad scramble for Aadhaar enrolment continued for the third day, particularly in Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
The Chief Minister conducted a high-level review meeting and directed officials to open additional 300 Aadhaar enrolment centres in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts.
Services would also be provided in 60 Mee Seva centres in these two districts to address the `lost card` and `did not receive` cases.
Those who have already enrolled but not received the Aadhaar cards or those who have lost them need to apply afresh, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Supply of LPG cylinders at the subsidised price would continue till Aadhaar enrolment was completed in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Anantapur, Chittoor and East Godavari districts where the Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme was being implemented on a pilot basis, the CMO said.
Officials informed the Chief Minister that of the total population of 8.5 crore to be covered in the state, 6.5 crore have already been enrolled and Aadhar cards were generated for 5.3 crore people.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to complete the entire process in the next four-five months.
Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew, Civil Supplies Commissioner Sunil Sharma and other senior officials attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!