Feb 15 not deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy: AP govt
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today said people need not panic as February 15 is not the deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy, even as a mad scramble for Aadhaar enrolment continued for the third day, particularly in Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
The Chief Minister conducted a high-level review meeting and directed officials to open additional 300 Aadhaar enrolment centres in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts.
Services would also be provided in 60 Mee Seva centres in these two districts to address the `lost card` and `did not receive` cases.
Those who have already enrolled but not received the Aadhaar cards or those who have lost them need to apply afresh, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Supply of LPG cylinders at the subsidised price would continue till Aadhaar enrolment was completed in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Anantapur, Chittoor and East Godavari districts where the Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme was being implemented on a pilot basis, the CMO said.
Officials informed the Chief Minister that of the total population of 8.5 crore to be covered in the state, 6.5 crore have already been enrolled and Aadhar cards were generated for 5.3 crore people.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to complete the entire process in the next four-five months.
Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew, Civil Supplies Commissioner Sunil Sharma and other senior officials attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP