Feb 15 not deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy: AP govt
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today said people need not panic as February 15 is not the deadline for Aadhaar-linked LPG subsidy, even as a mad scramble for Aadhaar enrolment continued for the third day, particularly in Hyderabad and neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
The Chief Minister conducted a high-level review meeting and directed officials to open additional 300 Aadhaar enrolment centres in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts.
Services would also be provided in 60 Mee Seva centres in these two districts to address the `lost card` and `did not receive` cases.
Those who have already enrolled but not received the Aadhaar cards or those who have lost them need to apply afresh, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Supply of LPG cylinders at the subsidised price would continue till Aadhaar enrolment was completed in Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Anantapur, Chittoor and East Godavari districts where the Direct Benefits Transfer Scheme was being implemented on a pilot basis, the CMO said.
Officials informed the Chief Minister that of the total population of 8.5 crore to be covered in the state, 6.5 crore have already been enrolled and Aadhar cards were generated for 5.3 crore people.
The Chief Minister directed the officials to complete the entire process in the next four-five months.
Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew, Civil Supplies Commissioner Sunil Sharma and other senior officials attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof