Five school girls go missing in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five school girls, aged 11 to 14 years, studying in separate schools here have allegedly gone missing, police said on Wednesday.
The girls went to their respective schools yesterday but did not return home, Rajahmundry Superintendent of Police S Ravikumar Murty said.
Later, the parents of the missing girls, after an unsuccessful search, lodged their complaints at Rajahmundry (Urban), Prakasanagar and Bommuru police stations.
A search has been launched to trace the school girls and police teams have been sent to Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Visakhapatnam and other parts of the state, Murty said.
All police stations in the state have been alerted, he said, adding that all the district SPs and commissioners have been informed about the missing girls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why