Hyderabad blasts: Kin of a victim gets govt job
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday provided employment to the wife of a veterinary officer who was killed in the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukh Nagar here last month.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy handed over the appointment letter to N Sujatha, whose husband N Venkateswarlu was killed in the blast.
Venkateswarlu was a junior veterinary officer in the Animal Husbandry Department and Sujatha has now been appointed as a junior assistant in the same department, a press release from the CMO said.
The Chief Minister also assured all help to her children who are studying in IIT and intermediate, the release added.
The decision to provide employment to the kin of those killed in terrorist and extremist violence was taken by the Cabinet earlier this month.
Seventeen persons were killed and 99 others injured when the blasts rocked Dilsukh Nagar area on February 21.
The government directed Ranga Reddy district Collector Vani Prasad to provide jobs on compassionate grounds to the kin of the blast victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best