Hyderabad blasts: Terror-hit Dilsukhnagar limping back to normalcy
Hyderabad: Normalcy is returning to Dilsukhnagar, the scene of Thursday`s devastating twin blasts which left 16 people dead and over 100 others injured.
After a day of grief and shutdown, people in the busy area resumed their daily activity Saturday. Many shops re-opened while vendors also returned to the footpaths.
The traffic on the busy road, however, was hit due to gathering of curious onlookers at the blast sites in front of Dilsukhnagar bus station. Policemen remain deployed at the blast scenes and they continued to have tough time in controlling the crowds.
Some traders near the blast sites recalled the horrific moments of Thursday evening when their fellow road-side vendors and customers perished before their eyes. A trader broke down while recounting how it all happened.
Dilsukhnagar, located to the south of Musi River, is a bustling area, which connects to Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway.
Once considered a suburb, it is today one of the busiest places in the city and a transit point between the core areas of the city and the outskirts. It has dozens of educational institutions, computer coaching and job training institutes, shopping malls, cinema theaters and several other business establishments.
In the rest of the city, it was business as usual after a day of calm and tension. Shops, business establishments and educational instiutions, which were closed Friday due to shutdown called by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), re-opened.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu visited the blast site. He also called on the injured at hospitals. Later talking to reporters, he said the government owed an explanation to people on its failure to prevent the terror attacks.
Assembly Speaker N Manohar also called on the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM