Hyderabad blasts: Terror-hit Dilsukhnagar limping back to normalcy
Hyderabad: Normalcy is returning to Dilsukhnagar, the scene of Thursday`s devastating twin blasts which left 16 people dead and over 100 others injured.
After a day of grief and shutdown, people in the busy area resumed their daily activity Saturday. Many shops re-opened while vendors also returned to the footpaths.
The traffic on the busy road, however, was hit due to gathering of curious onlookers at the blast sites in front of Dilsukhnagar bus station. Policemen remain deployed at the blast scenes and they continued to have tough time in controlling the crowds.
Some traders near the blast sites recalled the horrific moments of Thursday evening when their fellow road-side vendors and customers perished before their eyes. A trader broke down while recounting how it all happened.
Dilsukhnagar, located to the south of Musi River, is a bustling area, which connects to Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway.
Once considered a suburb, it is today one of the busiest places in the city and a transit point between the core areas of the city and the outskirts. It has dozens of educational institutions, computer coaching and job training institutes, shopping malls, cinema theaters and several other business establishments.
In the rest of the city, it was business as usual after a day of calm and tension. Shops, business establishments and educational instiutions, which were closed Friday due to shutdown called by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), re-opened.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu visited the blast site. He also called on the injured at hospitals. Later talking to reporters, he said the government owed an explanation to people on its failure to prevent the terror attacks.
Assembly Speaker N Manohar also called on the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune