Hyderabad blasts: Terror-hit Dilsukhnagar limping back to normalcy
Hyderabad: Normalcy is returning to Dilsukhnagar, the scene of Thursday`s devastating twin blasts which left 16 people dead and over 100 others injured.
After a day of grief and shutdown, people in the busy area resumed their daily activity Saturday. Many shops re-opened while vendors also returned to the footpaths.
The traffic on the busy road, however, was hit due to gathering of curious onlookers at the blast sites in front of Dilsukhnagar bus station. Policemen remain deployed at the blast scenes and they continued to have tough time in controlling the crowds.
Some traders near the blast sites recalled the horrific moments of Thursday evening when their fellow road-side vendors and customers perished before their eyes. A trader broke down while recounting how it all happened.
Dilsukhnagar, located to the south of Musi River, is a bustling area, which connects to Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway.
Once considered a suburb, it is today one of the busiest places in the city and a transit point between the core areas of the city and the outskirts. It has dozens of educational institutions, computer coaching and job training institutes, shopping malls, cinema theaters and several other business establishments.
In the rest of the city, it was business as usual after a day of calm and tension. Shops, business establishments and educational instiutions, which were closed Friday due to shutdown called by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), re-opened.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu visited the blast site. He also called on the injured at hospitals. Later talking to reporters, he said the government owed an explanation to people on its failure to prevent the terror attacks.
Assembly Speaker N Manohar also called on the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO