Justice B Subhashan Reddy becomes AP Lokayukta
Hyderabad: Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Friday sworn-in as the Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath to Subhashan Reddy at a brief function at the Raj Bhawan this morning.
Reddy had served previously as Chief Justice of Madras and Kerala High Courts. He also served as Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission.
He will hold the Lokayukta post for five years, as per a notification issued by the state government.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, acting Chief Justice of High Court Chandra Ghose and others attended the Lokayukta`s swearing-in ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'