Justice B Subhashan Reddy becomes AP Lokayukta
Hyderabad: Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Friday sworn-in as the Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath to Subhashan Reddy at a brief function at the Raj Bhawan this morning.
Reddy had served previously as Chief Justice of Madras and Kerala High Courts. He also served as Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission.
He will hold the Lokayukta post for five years, as per a notification issued by the state government.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, acting Chief Justice of High Court Chandra Ghose and others attended the Lokayukta`s swearing-in ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves