Justice B Subhashan Reddy becomes AP Lokayukta
Hyderabad: Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Friday sworn-in as the Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath to Subhashan Reddy at a brief function at the Raj Bhawan this morning.
Reddy had served previously as Chief Justice of Madras and Kerala High Courts. He also served as Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission.
He will hold the Lokayukta post for five years, as per a notification issued by the state government.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, acting Chief Justice of High Court Chandra Ghose and others attended the Lokayukta`s swearing-in ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued