Justice B Subhashan Reddy becomes AP Lokayukta
Hyderabad: Justice B Subhashan Reddy on Friday sworn-in as the Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
Governor E S L Narasimhan administered the oath to Subhashan Reddy at a brief function at the Raj Bhawan this morning.
Reddy had served previously as Chief Justice of Madras and Kerala High Courts. He also served as Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Human Rights Commission.
He will hold the Lokayukta post for five years, as per a notification issued by the state government.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, acting Chief Justice of High Court Chandra Ghose and others attended the Lokayukta`s swearing-in ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi