Kingpin of fake note racket arrested in Andhra
Malda (WB): Sleuths from West Bengal CID
team and Andhra Pradesh police have arrested a kingpin of a
fake note racket in Malda district, police said on Friday.
The 25-year-old Luftar Haque was arrested from a
village in Baishnabnagar area yesterday in a joint raid by the
CID and police.
The accused is believed to be a kingpin of a fake
currency racket, members of which was arrested in Andhra
Pradesh last week.
Police said Haque used to smuggle fake notes from
Bangladesh and circulate it to the rest of the country.
He was produced in a court here today, which gave
Andhra police transit remand.
In a separate case, the state police also arrested
another fake note supplier Manoj Mandal from Kalichowk area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday