Kingpin of fake note racket arrested in Andhra
Malda (WB): Sleuths from West Bengal CID
team and Andhra Pradesh police have arrested a kingpin of a
fake note racket in Malda district, police said on Friday.
The 25-year-old Luftar Haque was arrested from a
village in Baishnabnagar area yesterday in a joint raid by the
CID and police.
The accused is believed to be a kingpin of a fake
currency racket, members of which was arrested in Andhra
Pradesh last week.
Police said Haque used to smuggle fake notes from
Bangladesh and circulate it to the rest of the country.
He was produced in a court here today, which gave
Andhra police transit remand.
In a separate case, the state police also arrested
another fake note supplier Manoj Mandal from Kalichowk area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman