Kiran Reddy shielding Jagan to save Congress, alleges CPM
Hyderabad: Communist Party of India (Marxist) politburo member and Andhra Pradesh secretary BV Raghavulu on Monday alleged that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was trying to save jailed Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy (in the disproportionate assets case) in an apparent bid to save the Congress party itself.
Addressing a press conference after the CPM state secretariat meeting here this afternoon, Raghavulu questioned on what basis was the state government extending legal aid to five tainted ministers who were under the CBI scanner for issuing 26 controversial Government Orders during the YS Rajasekhara Reddy regime.
"The (disproportionate assets) case against Jagan is based on the 26 controversial GOs. If there is nothing amiss in the GOs, then where is the case against Jagan," the CPM leader wondered.
Was the government trying to save Jagan or its own ministers who were facing charges of corruption, Raghavulu questioned.
Rather than calling only certain ministers corrupt, it would be appropriate to say that the "entire government in Andhra Pradesh has become corrupt", he added.
Referring to state Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy, who was convicted and awarded a two-month jail term in a FERA violation case, the CPM secretary found fault with the chief minister for continuing the convicted minister in the Cabinet. "You can only blame the Chief Minister in this regard," he noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves