Kiran Reddy shielding Jagan to save Congress, alleges CPM
Hyderabad: Communist Party of India (Marxist) politburo member and Andhra Pradesh secretary BV Raghavulu on Monday alleged that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy was trying to save jailed Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy (in the disproportionate assets case) in an apparent bid to save the Congress party itself.
Addressing a press conference after the CPM state secretariat meeting here this afternoon, Raghavulu questioned on what basis was the state government extending legal aid to five tainted ministers who were under the CBI scanner for issuing 26 controversial Government Orders during the YS Rajasekhara Reddy regime.
"The (disproportionate assets) case against Jagan is based on the 26 controversial GOs. If there is nothing amiss in the GOs, then where is the case against Jagan," the CPM leader wondered.
Was the government trying to save Jagan or its own ministers who were facing charges of corruption, Raghavulu questioned.
Rather than calling only certain ministers corrupt, it would be appropriate to say that the "entire government in Andhra Pradesh has become corrupt", he added.
Referring to state Secondary Education Minister K Parthasarathy, who was convicted and awarded a two-month jail term in a FERA violation case, the CPM secretary found fault with the chief minister for continuing the convicted minister in the Cabinet. "You can only blame the Chief Minister in this regard," he noted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!