Man working on film set held for molesting junior woman artist
Hyderabad: An Assistant Manager working on film sets was on Friday taken into custody after he allegedly tried to molest a junior woman artist of Tollywood (Telugu film industry) and misbehaved with another woman in a drunken stupor at Jubilee Hills area here, police said.
Accused Suresh, who was allegedly in an inebriated condition, went to the 22-year-old junior artist’s house at Rahamat Nagar last night and attempted to molest her even as she managed to escape and informed the matter to police, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told a news agency.
In the meanwhile, Suresh went in the neighbourhood and entered one house and misbehaved with a married woman and even bit her, who raised an alarm after which locals came to her rescue and thrashed up the accused before handing him over to Jubillee Hills police, the DCP explained.
Suresh, who worked as an Assistant Setting Manager on film sets had been promising the junior artist of getting her a role in new films and used to regularly address her as sister, police said based on the complaint lodged by the woman junior artist.
Two cases were booked against Suresh under section 354 (Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and under relevant sections of Nirbhaya Act in connection with the incidents, the senior police officer said adding they have taken the accused into custody.
Further investigations are underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf