Maoist arrested in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A Maoist District Committee Member, carrying a cash reward of Rs 3 lakh on his head, was Monday arrested in neighbouring Medak district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Based on an information, a police team arrested Pusa Sivanarayana, in his early 50s, a paralytic, when he was on his way to a hospital for treatment, Medak District Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar said.
Sivanarayana, who was also the incharge of the Central Committee protection platoon, was wanted in connection with three cases of rioting, besides a murder case pertaining to 2001 under Gajwel police station limits and was underground for the past 23 years, the SP said.
He is a native of Bejagama village in Gajwel mandal of Medak district. After arresting Sivanarayana, he was produced before a court in Medak which remanded him to judicial custody, the senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation