Maoist arrested in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A Maoist District Committee Member, carrying a cash reward of Rs 3 lakh on his head, was Monday arrested in neighbouring Medak district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
Based on an information, a police team arrested Pusa Sivanarayana, in his early 50s, a paralytic, when he was on his way to a hospital for treatment, Medak District Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar said.
Sivanarayana, who was also the incharge of the Central Committee protection platoon, was wanted in connection with three cases of rioting, besides a murder case pertaining to 2001 under Gajwel police station limits and was underground for the past 23 years, the SP said.
He is a native of Bejagama village in Gajwel mandal of Medak district. After arresting Sivanarayana, he was produced before a court in Medak which remanded him to judicial custody, the senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what