Meira Kumar offers prayer at Lord Venkateswara tem
Tirupati: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accompanied by husband Manjul Kumar offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here on Sunday.
The couple, during their maiden visit, were in the temple for about 45 minutes, temple sources said.
Before offering prayers, Manjul Kumar tonsured his head, the sources said.
After worship they left for New Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation