Meira Kumar offers prayer at Lord Venkateswara tem
Tirupati: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accompanied by husband Manjul Kumar offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here on Sunday.
The couple, during their maiden visit, were in the temple for about 45 minutes, temple sources said.
Before offering prayers, Manjul Kumar tonsured his head, the sources said.
After worship they left for New Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman