Meira Kumar offers prayer at Lord Venkateswara tem
Tirupati: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accompanied by husband Manjul Kumar offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here on Sunday.
The couple, during their maiden visit, were in the temple for about 45 minutes, temple sources said.
Before offering prayers, Manjul Kumar tonsured his head, the sources said.
After worship they left for New Delhi, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah