MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi in dock over hate speech
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, brother of MIM chief and Lok Sabha MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is in the dock over an alleged provocative speech which he made and hurt religious sentiments.
A complaint was lodged in a Hyderabad court against Akbaruddin Owaisi, by advocate Kashimshetty Karuna Sagar.
The complainant asked the court to file a case against Owaisi under Section 295A (for deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), Section 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and other relevant sections of the IPC.
The court today reserved its orders till tomorrow on the petition filed by the city-based lawyer.
The court will deliver its order tomorrow on whether to direct the police to file an FIR against Akbaruddin over the provocative speech, as alleged by the petitioner, or should it take direct cognisance of the offence and issue summons.
The lawyer has also claimed that he has received threats ever since he filed the complaint.
As per the complaint, Chandrayangutta MLA Owaisi used inflammatory and derogatory words against a particular community, at public meeting at Nirmal town of Adilabad district.
The BJP has sought criminal action against Owaisi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview