Mining leases: CBI wants to question 2 AP official
Hyderabad: The CBI on Thursday sought to examine suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi and former director of Mines and Geology Department (Andhra Pradesh) VD Rajagopal in connection with the grant of mining leases to a cement company which allegedly invested in the businesses of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The central agency today told the Special Court for CBI cases that it wanted to investigate the duo over their signatures on the grant of mining lease to the company. The CBI had filed a plea in this regard two days back.
The probe agency pleaded that it wanted to question the duo at Chanchalguda jail, where they are presently lodged, on the grounds that it had collected some documents from the Mines and Geology Department, which had been processed by the two officers.
"Both of them processed the applications of the cement company and the files allotting mines to it carried signatures of both these persons and we want to examine them in this regard," CBI`s Deputy Legal Advisor Balla Ravindranath replied when Judge Nagamaruthi Sarma sought to know why it wanted to
examine Srilakshmi and Rajagopal.
The duo was arrested last year in connection with the illegal mining case, involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, on charges of abusing their official position and favouring OMC. They are
presently in judicial custody.
CBI further alleged that Srilakshmi and Rajagopal in their capacity as the then Secretary (Industries and Commerce) and Director of Mines and Geology Department, respectively, had cleared the files of companies which invested in Jagan`s firms as a quid-pro-quo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal