Lewis Hamilton, who won the race with ease today, led the standings with 217 points ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg (198).
Home hero Rosberg surrendered his lead from pole with a dreadful start to the Briton, who stormed away to claim his sixth win in seven races and strengthen his grip in the title chase.
Rosberg clocked a startling best lap of one minute and 14.323 seconds to outpace the defending three-time champion by 0.123 seconds.
The McLaren Honda driver was sent to hospital by the circuit medical centre at the Hockenheimring after complaining of an eye irritation.
Ferrari are without a win this season and president Sergio Marchionne has pushed for results.
Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton beats team-mate Nico Rosberg to win record fifth title at Hungaroring circuit and lead overall Drivers' Championship.
Hamilton outpaced pole-sitter Rosberg at the start and then controlled the 70 laps with a mixture of speed and flawless judgement in sweltering heat at the Hungaroring circuit.
The championship-leading 31-year-old German produced a fastest lap of one minute and 19.965 seconds.
The 31-year-old German seized his chance and took full advantage after his team-mate and defending three-time champion Hamilton hit the barriers only 13 minutes into the second practice.
Rules on car damage have also been tightened.
Perez collected eight points and Hulkenberg six as the team took its tally to 73.
Defending three-time champion Hamilton reeled off his fourth win in five races as he steams up behind Rosberg in the title race.
The Mercedes one-two was followed up by Red Bull`s Max Verstappen.
Triple world champion Hamilton was quickest in both practice sessions.
Hamilton`s win ended Rosberg`s hopes of a third consecutive victory and cut the German`s lead in the title race from 24 points to 11.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in attack by Pakistani forces, succumbs to injuries
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- PV Sindhu ups glamour quotient: Gorgeous badminton ace sizzles in magazine photoshoot — WATCH
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: In a sudden batting collapse, New Zealand lose 7 wickets
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized