The three-time world champion leads this year`s title race by 19 points from team-mate Nico Rosberg.
Lewis Hamilton, who won the race with ease today, led the standings with 217 points ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg (198).
Home hero Rosberg surrendered his lead from pole with a dreadful start to the Briton, who stormed away to claim his sixth win in seven races and strengthen his grip in the title chase.
Rosberg clocked a startling best lap of one minute and 14.323 seconds to outpace the defending three-time champion by 0.123 seconds.
The McLaren Honda driver was sent to hospital by the circuit medical centre at the Hockenheimring after complaining of an eye irritation.
Ferrari are without a win this season and president Sergio Marchionne has pushed for results.
Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton beats team-mate Nico Rosberg to win record fifth title at Hungaroring circuit and lead overall Drivers' Championship.
Hamilton outpaced pole-sitter Rosberg at the start and then controlled the 70 laps with a mixture of speed and flawless judgement in sweltering heat at the Hungaroring circuit.
The championship-leading 31-year-old German produced a fastest lap of one minute and 19.965 seconds.
The 31-year-old German seized his chance and took full advantage after his team-mate and defending three-time champion Hamilton hit the barriers only 13 minutes into the second practice.
Rules on car damage have also been tightened.
Perez collected eight points and Hulkenberg six as the team took its tally to 73.
Defending three-time champion Hamilton reeled off his fourth win in five races as he steams up behind Rosberg in the title race.
The Mercedes one-two was followed up by Red Bull`s Max Verstappen.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- Moving towards making India self-reliant in Defence, says PM Modi in Lucknow
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Arunachal Pradesh: Army rescues 200 stranded civilians post massive landslide
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Darjeeling unrest: Gorkhaland offers 12-hr window to schools to evacuate students, indefinite strike to continue
- Akshay Kumar to essay Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a film?