Minor girl, newly married woman gang-raped in AP
Rajahmundry: A 12-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth while a newly married woman was allegedly gang raped by two persons in separate incidents in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Friday.
The incidents took place last night and no arrests have been made so far, they said.
The minor girl, who worked as a farm labourer in Thorredu village was allegedly raped by 25-year-old M Venu in Rajanagaram mandal, when she was returning home after purchasing curd from a local shop, police said.
Venu forcibly took the girl away on his bicycle and sexually assaulted her after taking her into an isolated hut, Rajanagarm Circle Inspector Naga Murali said.
The girl later managed to reach home and narrated the ordeal to her parents following which they lodged a complaint against Venu, he said, adding, the accused is absconding and a search is on to nab him.
In another incident, a married woman was allegedly gang raped?by two persons in Lala Chervu area of Rajanagaram mandal after she left home following a quarrel with her husband and reached the local railway station in the wee hours today.
There she boarded an auto rickshaw being driven by a man allegedly in an inebriated state. The drunk driver along with another person took her to a roadside and gang raped her.
The woman later lodged a complaint and has now been admitted to a hospital for medical examination.
Both the accused are at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice