Murder of medical student, her mother triggers protests in AP
Nellore: Condemning the "brutal murder" of a medical student and her mother allegedly by three youths here, scores of students, members of women organisations and political parties on Wednesday held protests and took out rallies.
Raising slogans like "We want justice", school-college students and others took to streets and demanded stringent action against the three "killers" of the medical student Bhargavi and her mother Shakuntala, who were attacked at their house in broad daylight with knives yesterday.
Even as protests including road-blockades and rallies were held, a group of protesters was seen forcing the shops to be closed in Nellore town.
The assailants, including the main accused Imtiyaz, an interior decoration worker and two others, had gone to the house of one Dinakar Reddy, who runs a pharmacy college at Harnathpuram area yesterday with an intention to commit robbery.
Imtiyaz, who had done the interior and renovation work of Reddy`s building, was known to his family and was also aware that there was gold and cash available in the house, police had said.
The trio, presently in the police custody, was being interrogated in this connection, they said.
Police said they were trying to find out whether Dinakar Reddy had disputes with anyone, including Imtiyaz over alleged payment dues for the interior decoration work he carried out at his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'