Murder of medical student, her mother triggers protests in AP
Nellore: Condemning the "brutal murder" of a medical student and her mother allegedly by three youths here, scores of students, members of women organisations and political parties on Wednesday held protests and took out rallies.
Raising slogans like "We want justice", school-college students and others took to streets and demanded stringent action against the three "killers" of the medical student Bhargavi and her mother Shakuntala, who were attacked at their house in broad daylight with knives yesterday.
Even as protests including road-blockades and rallies were held, a group of protesters was seen forcing the shops to be closed in Nellore town.
The assailants, including the main accused Imtiyaz, an interior decoration worker and two others, had gone to the house of one Dinakar Reddy, who runs a pharmacy college at Harnathpuram area yesterday with an intention to commit robbery.
Imtiyaz, who had done the interior and renovation work of Reddy`s building, was known to his family and was also aware that there was gold and cash available in the house, police had said.
The trio, presently in the police custody, was being interrogated in this connection, they said.
Police said they were trying to find out whether Dinakar Reddy had disputes with anyone, including Imtiyaz over alleged payment dues for the interior decoration work he carried out at his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video